Recent OIG Reports
The OIG routinely posts public synopses, press releases and other reports on this website. Certain investigative reports or reviews will not be posted, or will be posted in a limited fashion if they contain privileged, confidential or legally protected information. If you are having trouble accessing some of the documents on this page, please contact the OIG at 443-984-3690.
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0062-I: Department of Transportation (DOT) employee stores personal business items inside a DOT Facility.
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0011-I: Investigation regarding destruction and removal of a Black Lives Matter art exhibit from Patterson Park.
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0027-I: Investigation into Master Lease Agreement
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0017-I: Company overbills City $129,000.
- Public Synopsis of Case #19-0005-I: OIG uncovers inflated invoices submitted by Department of General Services' (DGS) Vendor.
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0012-I: Vendor for Baltimore City Health Department (BCHD) requests price increase despite contract constraints.
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0024-I: Bureau Of Procurement (BOP) Executive Leadership Team created fear of retaliation against employees and mismanaged the office.
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0034-I: Mismanagement and waste of City resources by Mayor's Office of Emergency Management (MOEM) management
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0048-I: Two Department of Public Works employees committed time and attendance abuse
- Public Synopsis of Case #19-0062-I: Complaint regarding the Chairman of the Auction Advisory Board for the City of Baltimore might have violated the City's auction regulations
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0019-I: Complaint related to irregular billing practices by the Municpal Telephone Exchange
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0022-I: DPW Office of Compliance and Laboratories' employee mishandled twelve checks resulted in a $48,478 loss to the City.
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0033-I: Allegation of embezzlement at the Shake and Bake Family Fun Center.
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0031-I: City vendor was alleged to have obtained a City contract under false pretenses.
- Public Synopsis of Case #19-0095-I: Theft of City property by a City employee.
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0030-I: Theft of time, falsifying time sheets and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle by a DPW Water and Waste Water Bureau employee.
- Addendum to Case # 19-0084-I: Investigation regarding Comptroller's Board of Estimates voting history.
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0018-I: Department of General Services' Fleet Management Division bid solicitation and vendor contract award process for the procurement of wheel loaders.
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0011-I: Investigation regarding a 2018 Baltimore Children & Youth Fund Grant Awardee.
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0020-I: Investigation regarding a towing company falsely reporting subcontractor payment information to the Bureau of Procurement.
- Public Synopsis of Case #19-0084-I: Investigation regarding sale of fifteen City of Baltimore-owned vacant lots to Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0017-I: Investigation regarding the Bureau of Procurement.
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0013-I: Abuse of overtime by Department of Transportation employee.
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0014-I: Suspected ethics violations within the Office of Risk Management.
- Public Synopsis of Case #19-0090-I: Employee allegedly submitted altered documents in support of a request for leave.
- Public Synopsis of Case # 19-0085-I: Alleged embezzlement within the DPW's Northwest Transfer Station.
- Public Synopsis of Case #19-0047-I: Financial waste and mismanagement within the curbside collections operation in the DPW's Bureau of Solid Waste.
- Public Synopsis of Case # 19-0067-I: Village of Cross Keys complex, had been serviced by DPW's Bureau of Solid Waste more frequently than DPW policy allows.
- Public Synopsis of Case # 20-0008-I: Inspector General clears two City employees of "wasteful" spending on out-of-town travel.
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0004-I: Misconduct by City employee after review of potentially offensive tweets.
- Public Synopsis of 19-0047-I: Waste of City funds and health & safety violations at Department of Public Works', Bureau of Solid Waste.
- Public Synopsis of #19-0082-I: Security Breach in the Abel Wolman Municipal Building by a terminated Department of Public Works employee.
- Public Synopsis of #19-0059-I: Department of Transportation manager publicly humiliated and demeaned DOT employees.
- Public Synopsis of #19-0027-I: Baltimore Police Department Marine Unit’s supervisor misused City resources related to the salvage of an abandoned boat in the Inner Harbor. A combined loss to the City for this operation was determined to be $30,142.25.