Recent OIG Reports
Public Synopses are only a summary of a more comprehensive report of investigation submitted to the appropriate City management official(s)
The OIG routinely posts public synopses, press releases, and other reports on this website. Certain investigative reports or reviews will not be posted or will be posted in a limited fashion if they contain privileged, confidential, or legally protected information. If you are having trouble accessing some of the documents on this page, please contact the OIG at 443-984-3690.
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0023-I: Baltimore City Fire Department's take-home vehicle policy
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0001-I: Potential area of financial waste regarding BCIT employees' separation from City service
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0025-I: Investigation alleging mismanagement of overtime resources by Baltimore City Police.
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0052-I: Investigation alleging Department of Housing and Community Development Conflict of Interest
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0050-I: Banner revenue opportunity missed.
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0026-I: Potential mismanagement regarding the use and pending lease of the former Samuel F. B. Morse Elementary/Middle School
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0063-I: Investigation alleging the lack of City resources dedicated to Carroll Park
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0058-I: Investigation regarding City programs using Maryland Public Service Commission funding
- Report of Investigation of Case #21-0008-I: Investigation requested by State Attorney
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0024-I: Potential vehicle disposal violations involving an authorized Baltimore City vendor
- Public Synopsis Follow-Up of Case #21-0028-I: Baltimore City Vendor was being used for out-of-contract work despite previously finding the Vendor overcharged the City by over $129,000
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0002-I: Investigation regarding the use and pending sale of the Langston Hughes Elementary School building
- Press Release of Case #20-0040-I: Joint report with Baltimore County Office of the Inspector General identifies millions of dollars in waste related to the City/County water system.
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0019-I: Complaint related to irregular billing practices by the Municipal Telephone Exchange
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0015-I: Scam within the Bureau of Accounts Payable System
- Public Synopsis of Case #19-0071-I: Investigation alleging a BPD officer was abusing medical and sick leave
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0013-I: Investigation regarding former Deputy Comptroller
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0062-I: Department of Transportation (DOT) employee stores personal business items inside a DOT Facility.
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0011-I: Investigation regarding destruction and removal of a Black Lives Matter art exhibit from Patterson Park.
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0027-I: Investigation into Master Lease Agreement
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0017-I: Company overbills City $129,000.
- Public Synopsis of Case #19-0005-I: OIG uncovers inflated invoices submitted by the Department of General Services (DGS) Vendor.
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0012-I: Vendor for Baltimore City Health Department (BCHD) requests a price increase despite contract constraints.