Archived OIG Reports
Public Synopses are only a summary of a more comprehensive report of investigation submitted to the appropriate City management official(s)
The OIG routinely posts public synopses, press releases, and other reports on this website. Certain investigative reports or reviews will not be posted or will be posted in a limited fashion if they contain privileged, confidential, or legally protected information. If you are having trouble accessing some of the documents on this page, please contact the OIG at 443-984-3690.
- 12/20/20 Public Synopsis of Case #21-0002-I: Investigation regarding the use and pending sale of the Langston Hughes Elementary School building
- 12/21/20 Press Release of Case #20-0040-I: Joint report with Baltimore County Office of the Inspector General identifies millions of dollars in waste related to the City/County water system.
- 12/10/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0019-I: Complaint related to irregular billing practices by the Municipal Telephone Exchange
- 12/7/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0015-I: Scam within the Bureau of Accounts Payable System
- 11/24/20 Public Synopsis of Case #19-0071-I: Investigation alleging a BPD officer was abusing medical and sick leave
- 10/21/20 Public Synopsis of Case #21-0013-I: Investigation regarding former Deputy Comptroller
- 10/7/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0062-I: Department of Transportation (DOT) employee stores personal business items inside a DOT Facility.
- 10/1/20 Public Synopsis of Case #21-0011-I: Investigation regarding destruction and removal of a Black Lives Matter art exhibit from Patterson Park.
- 9/22/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0027-I: Investigation into Master Lease Agreement
- 9/1/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0017-I: Company overbills City $126,000.
- 7/29/20 Public Synopsis of Case #19-0005-I: OIG uncovers inflated invoices submitted by Department of General Services' (DGS) Vendor.
- 7/15/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0012-I: Vendor for Baltimore City Health Department (BCHD) requests price increase despite contract constraints.
- 7/2/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0024-I: Bureau Of Procurement (BOP) Executive Leadership Team created fear of retaliation against employees and mismanaged the office.
- 6/17/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0034-I: Mismanagement and waste of City resources by Mayor's Office of Emergency Management (MOEM) management
- 5/27/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0048-I: Two Department of Public Works employees committed time and attendance abuse
- 5/19/20 Public Synopsis of Case #19-0062-I: Complaint regarding the Chairman of the Auction Advisory Board for the City of Baltimore might have violated the City's auction regulations
- 5/13/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0019-I: Complaint related to irregular billing practices by the Municpal Telephone Exchange
- 5/6/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0022-I: DPW Office of Compliance and Laboratories' employee mishandled twelve checks resulted in a $48,478 loss to the City.
- 4/22/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0033-I: Allegation of embezzlement at the Shake and Bake Family Fun Center.
- 4/15/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0031-I: City vendor was alleged to have obtained a City contract under false pretenses.
- 4/8/20 Public Synopsis of Case #19-0095-I: Theft of City property by a City employee.
- 4/1/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0030-I: Theft of time, falsifying time sheets and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle by a DPW Water and Waste Water Bureau employee.
- 3/19/20 Addendum to Case # 19-0084-I: Investigation regarding Comptroller's Board of Estimates voting history.
- 3/10/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0018-I: Department of General Services' Fleet Management Division bid solicitation and vendor contract award process for the procurement of wheel loaders.
- 2/25/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0011-I: Investigation regarding a 2018 Baltimore Children & Youth Fund Grant Awardee.
- 2/13/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0020-I: Investigation regarding a towing company falsely reporting subcontractor payment information to the Bureau of Procurement.
- 2/5/20 Public Synopsis of Case #19-0084-I: Investigation regarding sale of fifteen City of Baltimore-owned vacant lots to Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church
- 1/31/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0017-I: Investigation regarding the Bureau of Procurement.
- 1/22/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0013-I: Abuse of overtime by Department of Transportation employee.
- 1/6/20 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0014-I: Suspected ethics violations within the Office of Risk Management.
- 12/30/19 Public Synopsis of Case #19-0090-I: Employee allegedly submitted altered documents in support of a request for leave.
- 12/20/19 Public Synopsis of Case # 19-0085-I: Alleged embezzlement within the DPW's Northwest Transfer Station.
- 12/17/19 Public Synopsis of Case #19-0047-I: Financial waste and mismanagement within the curbside collections operation in the DPW's Bureau of Solid Waste.
- 11/26/19 Public Synopsis of Case # 19-0067-I: Village of Cross Keys complex, had been serviced by DPW's Bureau of Solid Waste more frequently than DPW policy allows.
- 9/17/19 Public Synopsis of Case # 20-0008-I: Inspector General clears two City employees of "wasteful" spending on out-of-town travel.
- 8/22/19 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0004-I: Misconduct by City employee after review of potentially offensive tweets.
- 7/30/19 Public Synopsis of 19-0047-I: Waste of City funds and health & safety violations at Department of Public Works', Bureau of Solid Waste.
- 7/16/19 Public Synopsis of #19-0082-I: Security Breach in the Abel Wolman Municipal Building by a terminated Department of Public Works employee.
- 7/12/19 Public Synopsis of #19-0059-I: Department of Transportation manager publicly humiliated and demeaned DOT employees.
- 7/10/19 Public Synopsis of #19-0027-I: Baltimore Police Department Marine Unit’s supervisor misused City resources related to the salvage of an abandoned boat in the Inner Harbor. A combined loss to the City for this operation was determined to be $30,142.25.
- 6/25/19 Public Synopsis of #19-0054-I: Two Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) employees committed time abuse, living outside of Maryland.
- 6/14/19 Public Synopsis of #19-0046-I: DOT Manager committed time and attendance fraud and drove for a ridesharing service during regular work hours.
- 6/7/19 Public Synopsis of #19-0035-I: Two DOT employees committed time theft.
- 4/26/19 Public Synopsis of #19-00-69-I: City employee misused his work computer to access thousands of explicit images.
- 2/19/19 Public Synopsis of #19-0017-I: Department of Transportation mismanagement of equipment.
- 1/16/19 Public Synopsis of #2018-0857: City employee had unathorized access and various hacking tools on his work computer.
- 12/19/18: Public Synopsis of #2019-0033
- 12/11/18: Addendum to Public Synopsis of #2018-0871
- 11/14/18: Public Synopsis of 19-0013-I: Waste and mismanagement of lead funds within Baltimore City Health Department's Office of Chronic Disease Prevention
- 10/30/18: Public Synopsis of 2017-0799: Waste, conflicts of interest, and a culture of fear at the City's Department of Human Resources
- 10/22/18: Public Synopsis of 19-0004-I: Conflict of Interest by an employee of DOT's Traffic Division
- 10/04/18: Public Synopsis of 19-0030-I: Time and Attendance Fraud by Employees' Retirement Systems Official
- 10/01/18: Public Synopsis of 2018-0847: Baltimore Police Department leak
- 09/18/18: Public Synopsis of 2018-0822: Waste at the Baltimore City Health Department's Field Health Services office
- 09/12/18: Public Synopsis of 2018-0871: Improper use of funds by employees of the Retirement Savings Plan
- 08/31/18: Public Synopsis of 2018-0818: Abuse of Authority by the Director of the Municipal Phone Exchange
- 07/27/18: Public Synopsis of 2018-0846: Waste regarding maintenance of Automatic Vehicle Location services in Baltimore City vehicles
- 06/06/18: Public Synopsis of 2017-0759: Misuse of Employee Compensation by DPW Meter Shop
- 06/01/18: Press Release: Former-DPW Employee Pleads Guilty to Stealing City Water Meters
- 05/15/18: Public Synopsis of 2017-0739: Theft of Scrap Water Meters by a DPW Employee
- 05/02/18: Press Release: Former-DPW Employee Ordered to Pay $30,000 in Restitution to the City Following Conviction for Felony Theft
- 05/01/18: Public Synopsis of 2017-0780: Theft of Overtime by a MOHS Employee
- 03/16/18: Press Release: Former-DOT Employee Pleaded Guilty to Extortion for Conduct Connected to His Work as Street Cut Unit Supervisor
- 06/28/2016: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2013-0142: Use of "Ghost" Locations by City-Contracted Towing Vendors
- 05/16/2016: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2015-0513: Review of Psychology Consultants Associated's Compliance with Contract for Psychological Services for the Baltimore Police Department
- 03/04/2016: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2014-0338: Review of preservation, protection and maintenance of public art at Baltimore City Public Schools
- 02/04/2016: Press Release: Former City Technology Contractor Pleads Guilty to Felony Theft Scheme
- 11/25/2015: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2015-0492: Unauthorized Fees Charged by Vendor at City Unclaimed Vehicle Auction
- 09/16/2015: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2014-0439: Review of parking passes issued to City Agencies and Departments by the Baltimore City Parking Authority
- 06/05/2015: Public Synopsis of OIG Case 2012-0074: Abuse of City-Issued Credit Card and Purchasing Authority by the former TV25 Director
- 04/30/2015: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2014-0362: DPW Employee Terminated for Viewing 39 Hours of Pornographic Material During Work Hours
- 01/15/2015: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2014-0350: Fraudulent Payroll Scheme Conducted by a Department of Transportation Contract Administrator
- 01/08/2015: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2014-0333: Perjury and Workers’ Compensation Fraud Committed by a Former Baltimore Police Officer
- 01/06/2015: Press Release: Former-DOT Employee Pleads Guilty to Felony Theft Scheme
- 12/03/2014: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2013-0149: Evaluation of the Automated Traffic Violation Enforcement System
- 11/25/2014: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2014-0237: Inappropriate Payroll Coding by a DOT Traffic Division Office Supervisor
- 11/07/2014: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2013-0159: Fraudulent Timekeeping Scheme Conducted by the Executive Director of the Environmental Control Board
- 11/05/2014: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2013-0151: DOT – Fraudulent Disbursement Scheme Conducted by a DOT Towing Division Manager
- 04/03/2014: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2014-0245: Review of the administrative processes and procedures of Baltimore City Fire Department's Office of the Fire Marshall
- 12/19/2012: Synopsis ofO OIG Case #2012-0032: DOT – Off the Books Contract for the Sale of Valuable Scrap Metal
- 11/20/2012: Synopsis of OIG Case #2012-0023: BCFD Military Leave
- 11/13/2012: Synopsis of OIG Case #111430-110: DOT Employee Theft and Misuse of City Resources/Time
- 10/23/2012: Synopsis OIG Case #2012-0056: Review of City fuel purchases made under a contract with Wright Express Financial Services
- 09/28/2012: Synopsis of OIG Case #2012-0070: VOIP Procurement and Expenditures
- 08/24/2012: Synopsis of OIG Case #2012-0020: DOT Payroll Fraud and System Gaps
- 08/17/2012: Synopsis of OIG Case #2011-0155: DGS Fueling System Thefts and Protocol
- 07/25/2012: Synopsis of OIG Case #2011-123: Overbilling of DPW by Engineering Contractor
- 05/10/2012: Synopsis of OIG Case #2012-0152: Review of the St. Paul Community Head Start Summer Program
- 03/27/2012: Synopsis of OIG Case #111412-110: DOT Employee Gambling and Alcohol Consumption
- 02/14/2012: Press Release: Former-DPW Employee Receives PBJ and Ordered to Pay $1,900 Restitution to the City for Theft of Scrap Metal
- 02/10/2012: Synopsis of OIG Case #111425-110: Employee Use of Previously Compensated Leave, Payroll System Gaps, and Policies and Practices Concerning the Extension of Benefits and Collection of Related Debt.
- 07/20/2011: Synopsis of OIG Case #111413-110 DPW Employee Payroll Fraud
- 06/14/2011: Synopsis of OIG Case #101371-106 PABC Contract Management
- 05/25/2011: Press Release: Security Equipment Valued at $12,000 Removed from Former-Mayor Dixon’s Home
- 04/05/2011: Synopsis of OIG Case #101409-106 DHCD Personnel Management
- 01/24/2011: Synopsis of OIG Case #101403-106 DPW Laborer Failure to Work/ Inadequate Supervision
- 11/09/2010: Synopsis of OIG Case #101381-103 Incarcerated DPW Employee Leave Use and Compensation
- 11/01/2010: Press Release: Former DHCD Employee Pleaded Guilty to Bribery
- 10/09/2010: Synopsis of OIG Case #101399-106 DOT Office of the City Council President Contractor Oversight
- 08/16/2010: Synopsis of OIG Case #101384-106 DOT Contractor Oversight
- 07/28/2010: Synopsis of OIG Case #101386-103 DRP Employee Misuse of City Vehicle
- 05/07/2010: Synopsis of OIG Case #101376-104 DPW Employee who Received Compensation and Maintained his Position while Incarcerated