Archived OIG Reports
- 12/30/19 Public Synopsis of Case #19-0090-I: Employee allegedly submitted altered documents in support of a request for leave.
- 12/20/19 Public Synopsis of Case # 19-0085-I: Alleged embezzlement within the DPW's Northwest Transfer Station.
- 12/17/19 Public Synopsis of Case #19-0047-I: Financial waste and mismanagement within the curbside collections operation in the DPW's Bureau of Solid Waste.
- 11/26/19 Public Synopsis of Case # 19-0067-I: Village of Cross Keys complex, had been serviced by DPW's Bureau of Solid Waste more frequently than DPW policy allows.
- 9/17/19 Public Synopsis of Case # 20-0008-I: Inspector General clears two City employees of "wasteful" spending on out-of-town travel.
- 8/22/19 Public Synopsis of Case #20-0004-I: Misconduct by City employee after review of potentially offensive tweets.
- 7/30/19 Public Synopsis of 19-0047-I: Waste of City funds and health & safety violations at Department of Public Works', Bureau of Solid Waste.
- 7/16/19 Public Synopsis of #19-0082-I: Security Breach in the Abel Wolman Municipal Building by a terminated Department of Public Works employee.
- 7/12/19 Public Synopsis of #19-0059-I: Department of Transportation manager publicly humiliated and demeaned DOT employees.
- 7/10/19 Public Synopsis of #19-0027-I: Baltimore Police Department Marine Unit’s supervisor misused City resources related to the salvage of an abandoned boat in the Inner Harbor. A combined loss to the City for this operation was determined to be $30,142.25.
- 6/25/19 Public Synopsis of #19-0054-I: Two Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) employees committed time abuse, living outside of Maryland.
- 6/14/19 Public Synopsis of #19-0046-I: DOT Manager committed time and attendance fraud and drove for a ridesharing service during regular work hours.
- 6/7/19 Public Synopsis of #19-0035-I: Two DOT employees committed time theft.
- 4/26/19 Public Synopsis of #19-00-69-I: City employee misused his work computer to access thousands of explicit images.
- 2/19/19 Public Synopsis of #19-0017-I: Department of Transportation mismanagement of equipment.
- 1/16/19 Public Synopsis of #2018-0857: City employee had unathorized access and various hacking tools on his work computer.
- 12/19/18: Public Synopsis of #2019-0033
- 12/11/18: Addendum to Public Synopsis of #2018-0871
- 11/14/18: Public Synopsis of 19-0013-I: Waste and mismanagement of lead funds within Baltimore City Health Department's Office of Chronic Disease Prevention
- 10/30/18: Public Synopsis of 2017-0799: Waste, conflicts of interest, and a culture of fear at the City's Department of Human Resources
- 10/22/18: Public Synopsis of 19-0004-I: Conflict of Interest by an employee of DOT's Traffic Division
- 10/04/18: Public Synopsis of 19-0030-I: Time and Attendance Fraud by Employees' Retirement Systems Official
- 10/01/18: Public Synopsis of 2018-0847: Baltimore Police Department leak
- 09/18/18: Public Synopsis of 2018-0822: Waste at the Baltimore City Health Department's Field Health Services office
- 09/12/18: Public Synopsis of 2018-0871: Improper use of funds by employees of the Retirement Savings Plan
- 08/31/18: Public Synopsis of 2018-0818: Abuse of Authority by the Director of the Municipal Phone Exchange
- 07/27/18: Public Synopsis of 2018-0846: Waste regarding maintenance of Automatic Vehicle Location services in Baltimore City vehicles
- 06/06/18: Public Synopsis of 2017-0759: Misuse of Employee Compensation by DPW Meter Shop
- 06/01/18: Press Release: Former-DPW Employee Pleads Guilty to Stealing City Water Meters
- 05/15/18: Public Synopsis of 2017-0739: Theft of Scrap Water Meters by a DPW Employee
- 05/02/18: Press Release: Former-DPW Employee Ordered to Pay $30,000 in Restitution to the City Following Conviction for Felony Theft
- 05/01/18: Public Synopsis of 2017-0780: Theft of Overtime by a MOHS Employee
- 03/16/18: Press Release: Former-DOT Employee Pleaded Guilty to Extortion for Conduct Connected to His Work as Street Cut Unit Supervisor
- 06/28/2016: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2013-0142: Use of "Ghost" Locations by City-Contracted Towing Vendors
- 05/16/2016: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2015-0513: Review of Psychology Consultants Associated's Compliance with Contract for Psychological Services for the Baltimore Police Department
- 03/04/2016: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2014-0338: Review of preservation, protection and maintenance of public art at Baltimore City Public Schools
- 02/04/2016: Press Release: Former City Technology Contractor Pleads Guilty to Felony Theft Scheme
- 11/25/2015: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2015-0492: Unauthorized Fees Charged by Vendor at City Unclaimed Vehicle Auction
- 09/16/2015: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2014-0439: Review of parking passes issued to City Agencies and Departments by the Baltimore City Parking Authority
- 06/05/2015: Public Synopsis of OIG Case 2012-0074: Abuse of City-Issued Credit Card and Purchasing Authority by the former TV25 Director
- 04/30/2015: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2014-0362: DPW Employee Terminated for Viewing 39 Hours of Pornographic Material During Work Hours
- 01/15/2015: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2014-0350: Fraudulent Payroll Scheme Conducted by a Department of Transportation Contract Administrator
- 01/08/2015: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2014-0333: Perjury and Workers’ Compensation Fraud Committed by a Former Baltimore Police Officer
- 01/06/2015: Press Release: Former-DOT Employee Pleads Guilty to Felony Theft Scheme
- 12/03/2014: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2013-0149: Evaluation of the Automated Traffic Violation Enforcement System
- 11/25/2014: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2014-0237: Inappropriate Payroll Coding by a DOT Traffic Division Office Supervisor
- 11/07/2014: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2013-0159: Fraudulent Timekeeping Scheme Conducted by the Executive Director of the Environmental Control Board
- 11/05/2014: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2013-0151: DOT – Fraudulent Disbursement Scheme Conducted by a DOT Towing Division Manager
- 04/03/2014: Public Synopsis of OIG Case #2014-0245: Review of the administrative processes and procedures of Baltimore City Fire Department's Office of the Fire Marshall
- 12/19/2012: Synopsis ofO OIG Case #2012-0032: DOT – Off the Books Contract for the Sale of Valuable Scrap Metal
- 11/20/2012: Synopsis of OIG Case #2012-0023: BCFD Military Leave
- 11/13/2012: Synopsis of OIG Case #111430-110: DOT Employee Theft and Misuse of City Resources/Time
- 10/23/2012: Synopsis OIG Case #2012-0056: Review of City fuel purchases made under a contract with Wright Express Financial Services
- 09/28/2012: Synopsis of OIG Case #2012-0070: VOIP Procurement and Expenditures
- 08/24/2012: Synopsis of OIG Case #2012-0020: DOT Payroll Fraud and System Gaps
- 08/17/2012: Synopsis of OIG Case #2011-0155: DGS Fueling System Thefts and Protocol
- 07/25/2012: Synopsis of OIG Case #2011-123: Overbilling of DPW by Engineering Contractor
- 05/10/2012: Synopsis of OIG Case #2012-0152: Review of the St. Paul Community Head Start Summer Program
- 03/27/2012: Synopsis of OIG Case #111412-110: DOT Employee Gambling and Alcohol Consumption
- 02/14/2012: Press Release: Former-DPW Employee Receives PBJ and Ordered to Pay $1,900 Restitution to the City for Theft of Scrap Metal
- 02/10/2012: Synopsis of OIG Case #111425-110: Employee Use of Previously Compensated Leave, Payroll System Gaps, and Policies and Practices Concerning the Extension of Benefits and Collection of Related Debt.
- 07/20/2011: Synopsis of OIG Case #111413-110 DPW Employee Payroll Fraud
- 06/14/2011: Synopsis of OIG Case #101371-106 PABC Contract Management
- 05/25/2011: Press Release: Security Equipment Valued at $12,000 Removed from Former-Mayor Dixon’s Home
- 04/05/2011: Synopsis of OIG Case #101409-106 DHCD Personnel Management
- 01/24/2011: Synopsis of OIG Case #101403-106 DPW Laborer Failure to Work/ Inadequate Supervision
- 11/09/2010: Synopsis of OIG Case #101381-103 Incarcerated DPW Employee Leave Use and Compensation
- 11/01/2010: Press Release: Former DHCD Employee Pleaded Guilty to Bribery
- 10/09/2010: Synopsis of OIG Case #101399-106 DOT Office of the City Council President Contractor Oversight
- 08/16/2010: Synopsis of OIG Case #101384-106 DOT Contractor Oversight
- 07/28/2010: Synopsis of OIG Case #101386-103 DRP Employee Misuse of City Vehicle
- 05/07/2010: Synopsis of OIG Case #101376-104 DPW Employee who Received Compensation and Maintained his Position while Incarcerated