The Hotline (443) 984-3476 (local) or 1-800-417-0430 (toll free) receives information from employees, customers, and the general public. The OIG HOTLINE is an important avenue for reporting fraud, waste, and abuse. The information we receive is reviewed to identify systemic problems, criminal issues, and potential wrongdoings within City Government while identifying these particular areas for investigations, audits and reviews.
Our primary responsibility is to receive and evaluate your concerns and complaints, and to determine the area responsible to conduct an inquiry or investigate, if appropriate in a timely fashion.
What The OIG Hotline Can Assist You With:
- Alleged violations of law, rules or regulation
- Significant misconduct
- Significant mismanagement and waste of funds
- Abuse of authority
- Criminal Conflict of interest
- Bribes, kickbacks or bid rigging
- Whistleblower reprisal
- Fraudulent travel claims
- Contract or procurement fraud
- Theft, misuse, and/or abuse of government property
- Workers' compensation fraud
- Embezzlement of City funds
Why Should I Report To The OIG?
The Hotline is an effective tool in combating and deterring fraud, waste, and misconduct within City government.