Follow Us on Twitter
How To Follow Us On Twitter
Follow Us To Receive Notifications (Via Text Msg To Your Cell Phone) When We Post Something New To This Website!
The EASIEST WAY TO to follow us is
- to send a text message (it can say anything you like) to Twitter at: 40404 .
- Then you will receive a text message from Twitter asking you to confirm that you want a Twitter mobile account. It may take a minute to receive this. You must reply with your name.
- Final step: Send a text message to 40404 and in the body of your text message type this exactly: follow OIG_BALTIMORE That's it - you will receive a confirmation from Twitter that you will receive updates from MDCOIG.
If you already have a Twitter account, just send a text message to 40404 and in the body of your text message type: follow OIG_BALTIMORE
- OR - Set-up TWITTER By Using Your Computer
Even though "Tweets" are sent out over your cell phone, you can still use your computer to sign-up for a Twitter account. To get started, click HERE.
- Sign in, or if new to Twitter - click on JOIN TODAY! Follow the simple directions. [Note that in the last step, Twitter will automatically list 10 people they randomly select for you to begin following (to get you started) unless you UNCHECK the boxes! We recommend that you uncheck the boxes so that you aren't bothered by unsolicited tweets.]
- You should automatically be taken back to the page listing OIG_BALTIMORE. Click where it says FOLLOW US.
- Click on account SETTINGS, then click on DEVICES. Enter your cell phone number, click on "OK" box and hit SAVE. After a few moments you will get a welcome text message on your phone from Twitter. Note that Tweets are sent out via text messaging. So step 3 is to set up your texting option, otherwise all Tweets remain in your Twitter account mailbox without any notification to you that they were received.
- FINAL STEP When you are signed in, notice where it says: following, followers, tweets. Click on "following" to see everyone you are following. Then look for "settings" next to OIG_BALTIMORE and select text updates ON. [Twitter's support instructions state: if you are having any problems receiving texts, to enable the sending of text updates specifically for people you follow: on the profile page of people you follow, use the drop down box and make sure that you've got text updates ON.]
NOTE: As a service to the public, the Baltimore City Office of the Inspector General will advise our followers whenever we post something new to this website. We WILL NOT respond to any Tweets or follow fellow Tweeters, nor check our Twitter account for any further communications. Should you need to report fraud, please contact us by calling our FRAUD HOTLINE.